Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow Days and Poopsicles

Yesterday was a snow day for Harlow and me. Yippee! One of the bonuses of working for academia is that I no longer have to cover the weather, or even go out in it if it's really bad.  Harlow and I went for a walk in the morning and we ran and ran around in the yard to and played "fetch" with the Frisbee.

Harlow's version of fetch with a Frisbee is a quizzical one; her favorite part seems to be batting at the Frisbee in the snow, picking it up then dropping it again, pushing it with her nose (turning her head into Frosty the Snowdog's), and so on. Some times she brings the Frisbee to me and that's very exciting. Then it's just a matter of getting the Frisbee from her again.

But it's fun to make you pull it out of my mouth, mom!!!!

She got good and tired from our romping yesterday and that was great.


Frisbee. 2/5/14 from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.


Today I came home from work by 1 because I came down with a cold a few days ago and was feeling miserable. AM feeling miserable. No assignments on the docket except for the one Jackie and I played Rock, Paper, Scissors for (I won - she shoots it!), so I headed home to make some homemade lemon chicken orzo soup.

Harlow was still out with Bonnie the dog walker when I got home, but when they arrived, H was very excited to see me and Bonnie looked tired. I can't say I blame her. She told me "I've seen a turn happening. At first..." she hesitated, "to be honest, the other dogs didn't like her. I think it's because she's so" (flails arms around to pantomime "hyperactive"), "but now she gets in the car, and all the dogs look at each other, and they kinda nod, and then they're good! It's like she found her notch!"

I think she meant niche but it doesn't matter. My dog is not the most annoying creature that others dogs must tolerate anymore. I am so proud!

She was a good girl the rest of the day. Aside from the part when she was digging for something in the snow and I called to her (the tenacity of her digging was suspect), she came running with the item in her mouth and dropped in on the patio. A frozen bird carcass? Nope, later I would look closer to find that it was, you might have guessed this, a poop.

Wonderful.  My dog has some nasty hobbies.

neighborhood walk


she likes it

SNOWWWW! IT'S MY FAVORITE THING!

No comments: