Friday, January 10, 2014

Squeaky Monkey Head

For Christmas Harlow was blessed (and I was cursed) with a monkey head squeaky toy from my brother and SIL. I don't mind it for the most part, unless I'm trying to do something that requires concentration. But she loves to try and scalp it and carry it around by one of the dread-locks she's made in her scalping attempt (see video below).

Last night she was very involved with Monkey Head. He went everywhere with her at bedtime. When it was time for her to go into her crate (which is now my nightstand because I don't have room for both), I took Monkey Head from her, informing her that she could have it in the morning, but that  I wasn't going to let her squeak into the night with that thing!

I put Monkey Head out of her reach and out of view on top of the crate. She then sat just outside the opening to the crate, and looked longingly the direction of her toy, and whimpered.

It was equal parts adorable and pathetic. She was like a little human child.

Or me when I get to the bottom of my bowl of ice cream.



Harlow's favorite and most annoying toy at the moment from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: