Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Frisbee

I use my time outside with Harlow to try and tire her out. Really that's my main goal. Tire. Her. Out.

It's an ongoing project which I basically never succeed in because she never tires. Ever.

I was using one of those projectiles to launch tennis balls for her but with the snow burying them there's no point right now. The other day I launched one and it went into the neighbor's yard, just on the other side of our chain link fence. Once the snow melted a little bit and Harlow was wandering that way for some other purpose, she suddenly became very alert "My tennis ball!" and started digging at the fence.

So, I invested a whole two dollars to buy not one but two Frisbees the other day!  They've been a successful alternative since they don't sink as easily.

It is hard for her to pick them up though and at first she just jumped up and down on them which resulted in these little ice disks once the snow melted a bit and her compression effort remained.


Now she's a bit better at retrieving the frisbee even though it takes a bit of time each time. She won't be joining and ultimate frisbee league anytime soon.




Mastering frisbee retrieval from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: