Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hair

I don't remember the last time I cried over a haircut. Well, I am tonight.

I asked for this...


And what she should have said was "your top layer is too short to pull this off so let's just let it grow some more. I'll make some long bangs and clean up the back"

Instead, she told me she could blend my top layer, which I'd complained to her that it had become too heavy, and that for months I had been growing it out. In truth, the last time I saw her five months ago I told her I was trying to grow it out and she told me she'd blend it then and I was back to square one, with a heavy short layer on one side. Why did I go back this time? I thought it was a fluke.

So, she "blended" my top layer and now I look like I have a weird bob with longer hair poking out of the bottom.  And, you'll notice, uneven sides. Great.


 
this is what it looked like when I came home from the salon. not bad.
and this was this morning. Hideous. 


So now I am sad I don't have pretty hair for my trip to Puerto Rico with my friends. I'm sad that I have to start from scratch with my hair growing. And I'm sad that I have to find a new stylist now, and trust they won't fuck it up either.

No comments: