Monday, January 6, 2014

Catching Up

I have fallen behind. And here I thought having a puppy would reinvigorate my blog writing. Turns out I'm too busy chasing her around.

Harlow gets smarter every day and learns more every day. I had a long break from work and it was a great opportunity to work on some thing. Coming when called being the primary one. With the help of a great treats every time she comes to me, she has made strides. The issue was that at the dog park she would wander off to the perimeter or the park (which is large) and not come back when I called her.

Yesterday when she did this I tested what I'd learned. I called for her and then walked away. I would peak back thinking she's bound to be coming, she's SO far away from me now and I'm leaving!  Nope. But she was watching me and eventually caught on that the speck in the distance was getting even smaller. She ran to catch up.

She did her best to be a good girl at Christmas. I was amazed at how she left all the beautifully wrapped packages alone, until someone began to open one. This year I made tissue paper flowers to put on my packages. She liked them and went for Mom's. It was funny actually.

Every once in a blue moon, she'd be quiet, but for the most part she was moving moving moving.



She loves the snow which is fun to see. I let her outside and often when I peak out, she's going some kind of happy prancing dance in the deepest parts of the yard.


She's extremely smart. Keeping her in the crate has become a real chore. On days when I know I won't be gone more than two hours, I've been able to entertain her by leaving bits and toys throughout the first floor. But in leaving, I put her in the crate but only latch one of the latches. Getting out of it is a time-stalling activity in itself.  For Christmas I asked for a few brainy toys for her. She liked this one that CJ and Jodi got her...



122913.game from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: