Friday, December 16, 2016

Decorating the Tree

I went to Avon Street last night to help decorate the the massive tree Dad and I picked-up a few weeks ago. Here are two little interactions that made me laugh.

Mom was out so Dad and I got started by hauling up the labeled boxes from the basement. Ornaments and lights. Ornaments did in fact exist in the box labeled "tree" but alas, the lights were not in the box labeled "lights". Go figure.

We did find some other lights and Dad sat in a chair next to the tree regarding the box, considering whether he wanted to open it or not. I commented that they weren't the right lights - the bulbs were too big and I recommended we keep looking for the little twinkie lights. Dad considered this for a moment, and then read the fine print "But it says right here that this is the brand I trust!"

When Mom came home later, she decorated the mantle with cuttings from the tree while Dad navigated the lights onto the tree. The two went back and forth a bit about the extension cord being used. Mom was sure it had more than one outlet in it, and Dad thought that maybe it only had one. When he pulled it up from the floor to take a closer look, he realized that Mom had been right. He admitted as much and like a proper hip 74 year old, added "My bad"

To which my Mom replied, "Yes you are"


No comments: