Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

I drove Mom on Friday night to Scott's End, and then Saturday morning, I headed to Great Barrington for some time with the Badens.

a quick visit down to the beach before leaving from the cape to the Berkshires.

Harlow's happy Cape face! I think it's the first "smile" I've ever captured (in truth she's just breathing heavily)


It was hot all weekend, but I still had a great time - with the kids during the day with their sweet hugs and wacky observations and comments, and good times with Meg in the evenings too. And ice cream which is always a bonus.

Highlights included getting four kids aged 3.5 to 8 to work with concrete so I could have their art in my garden, watching Meg finish a 10K (so impressive!), and seeing Stella, 8, ride a unicycle (I can't believe I didn't get a picture, but these days I try to live rather than document all the time).

Some snippets from the weekend-

Sylvia comes into my room at the crack of dawn, "Auntie Honey?"
"Good morning, Sylvia, yes?"
"Good morning. My shirt matches your blanket."
"That's true. I see that. It's a very nice color!"
"I can stand on one leg"
"..."

Admiring Miles' positive attitude about everything, Meg told her son, "Miles, if I were more like you I'd be so happy"
Miles responded with "And you'd be five-and-a-half!"

Lots of knock knock jokes starting with "cracker" and ending with "cracker". Oh, so funny!

While watching The Hunchback of NorteDame by Disney, (Meg later decided that Disney is no longer invited in their home, and with good reason (so much meanness!), Vivan turned to her and said "You're nicer than him!" as she pointed at the screen at the ranting, raving, lunatic of a villain.
Thanks, kid.

Sylvia said to her Mom at the dinner table "Mama! When Auntie Honey's here, it's like I have two mamas! And when Auntie Honey leaves, I'll have one mama!" she was psyched about both scenarios.

"Auntie Honey?"
"Yes, Sylvia?"
"I really love candy, but I love you more."

Meg, as always, displayed impressive mothering skills. Behold, her favorite "game" called "Let's Review The Rules!"  It's a go-to if someone seems to be having a hard time remembering their manners...

Mama's Favorite game - Let's Review The Rules! from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.



Stella

With Miles and Stella

Meg finishes strong!

Vivian and her Strawberry




Vivian, Sylvia and Miles work on their (cute) angry mugs..

Angry Face Demo from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: