Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Old Soul is a Genius!

Last night Harlow was outside exploring for quite a while. When she came back in, her muzzle was covered in mud, and her paws too. There was a strange stench coming from her, like skunk and a burned motor. I took her back outside after some changing of clothes on my part and hosed her down to get all the mud off. The smell didn't seem to be coming from her body.

I couldn't smell it outside or in the house, but it was emanating from somewhere. Then I realized the stench was coming from inside her mouth!

I have no idea what went down outside, why she was so muddy, or what exactly went into that giant kibble hole of hers, but if I didn't know better I'd say a skunk left it's stink sack in my yard and Harlow consumed it. Good thing we're working on teeth brushing because I was able to do a bit of that before giving her a breath freshening bone.

It didn't do much to take the edge off and unfortunately, I had to evict her form my bedroom last night. She didn't like that much, pathetically scratching at the door while whimpering a bit. Come morning she was happy and stinky just as she'd been the night before.

I'm a lucky girl.

Untitled from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

This is from the other night when Ben was visiting and Harlow was all over both of us.
His cutline read "It's really heart-warming how much my friend Cydney Scott loves spending time with her sweet puppy, Harlow. "

No comments: