Friday, October 23, 2009

Yuckadabugg!

My dad just sent me this link. He's sitting in his office across the hall and when I clicked over, my reaction was to yell "Yuckadabugg!"

Which brings me to a funny story from when my brother was little and not really talking yet. My parents were in Switzerland, with him, and pregnant with me. As my dad tells it, Christopher, who was taking his sweet laid-back time learning to talk, could barely say, "Mama" or "Dada". When they arrived at my aunt and uncle's house, he wandered into the bathroom, peered into the tub and hollered, " Yuckadabugg!" My parents had no idea what he was hollering about, until they joined him in the bathroom and saw what he was yelling for them to look at - there was a large bug in the tub.
Apparently my brother chose to start with complete sentences.
"Yuckadabugg!"