Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spy Photo Lesson

I have spent the last six weeks or so watching the entire Alias series over again. I did this last year, too. I finished it last night, and as Sydney and her family walked peacefully into the sunset with Agent Dixon, I couldn't (and still can't) help but feel a pang of loss. It became a nightly routine for me. And when you get so engrossed in the characters, it's hard to not be disappointed when they're no longer are around.

Remember when you were a kid, you would watch the same thing over and over again? Listen to the same music (well, I guess that's still true), play the same games? I guess when you get older, that's not so acceptable. Not that anyone would know that I am watching the whole thing again right after I finished it last night, but really, I would probably blog about the absurdity of doing so. So, I won't. But really, what's stopping me? How could I not want to watch the budding relationship between Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan's characters all over again, and find myself wondering Now, were they still dating in real life at this point? Or are they really having to fake it on the show because they have broken up by now in real life? Oh the tension!

Today, I met a student at a Starbucks where a gave him a photography lesson. I laughed to myself on the way there. Having not met this person before, I had him describe himself in one of his emails. Really, I just needed him to clarify whether he was male or female, because he had a name a Turkish name I was not familiar with. I knew who I was looking for, but I couldn't help but take it to a different scenario further in my head. A spy scenario.

I'll approach him while wearing my blond wig and stilettos and say in a thick southern accent, "It's a beautiful day to take some photographs"
And he'll respond "Only if your in San Paulo."
Then, I'll know I've met my contact. Cause that's how spies do it.

But, I'm not a spy and he waved when he saw me come in with a camera on my shoulder. I'm grateful for that. I don't like high heels.

No comments: