Friday, February 9, 2007

Calling All Davie Crocket Fans

My parents have always had fun stories about their childhoods. Mom in
particular was a crack-up. When a story about them comes up in some
way or another, I write it down as accurately as possible after they
tell it.  I want to keep these stories. So, I've decided to share some
of them.

Hopefully they won't mind. I should ask them. Maybe later.

I'm telling a short one because it's late, I'm tired and I have a cold
that's making me feel foggy. And I wanna watch TV and snuggle with my
hairy 4-legged boyfriend.

I was talking to Dad a while back about childhood stories.
"Dad, didn't you try to cut the tail off a cat so you could tie it to your hat?"

"Yeah. I was about seven or eight, around there. Davie Crocket was big
those days and I wanted one of those hats with the tail on the back.
Mima (his mom) was really mad I used her good scissors."

"But, the cat was dead." I said, wanting to visualize accurately.

"Mostly."

(Relax, animal loving tree huggers - there was a wink in his voice.)

No comments: