Thursday, October 13, 2016

European Adventure Day Seven - Brussels, Belguim

I spent my final rainy morning in Nice visiting a cafe with Samantha for breakfast. Jellies, jams, fried eggs, croissant, pain au chocolate for the road. And coffee of course. It was really nice to meet someone new and interesting. Samantha, who is first a friend of Libby's, is traveling the world on a remote year, joining over 50 other people who can also do their jobs remotely, while they live in a new country for five weeks each. Currently she is in Bulgaria, soon she'll be off to Asia.

My last photo in Nice


So soon I was reminded that I am not the adventurous traveler I wish myself to be. My flight took off from Nice Cote d'Azure airport headed for Brussels on a rainy windy tarmac and I quickly got queasy as we wobbled up into the sky. Eventually (not soon enough for me), we got above the clouds and it leveled off. With no one next to me, I turned to put my feet up, slanted my seat back and fell asleep. I woke in the exact same position as we landed. Hm, no one woke me to turn properly and put my seat upright or, you know, my body upright?

Nirvi's husband Hemu kindly met me at the airport since I arrived on Thursday and Nirvi was busy at Politico. As far as I can tell. she runs the joint. Hemu and I made our way back to their apartment, a beautiful, spacious, three bedroom place with lots of light which luckily for them came furnished. They have two balcony patios with a pretty view of a large well-kept courtyard.

Beautiful view form their patio.

I thoroughly enjoyed relaxing for the rest of the evening uploading vacation photos, listening to/watching Mr and Mrs Smith thanks to Netflix (did you know you can't get some things here that you can get at home on Netflix?). Dinner was take-out from an amazing corner Italian place; truffle raviolis and sausage rigatoni.

Some things I noticed; their fridge is a cabinet. Meaning, you open what appears to be a cabinet and nope! It's a fridge! Pretty neat. Also, I can't do my Flashdance moves in the shower here because of the way it's designed. I'd get water all over the floor. That's not a criticism, it's just fact.

No comments: