Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Considering It

I am slowly considering dipping my toe back in the dating pool. Before I do so, I am reading a book called "It's Just a F*&*ing Date" by the authors of He's Just Not That Into You.

There's a segment written by some guy, not the authors, in the book, talking about how in college he could get any girl he wanted, basically. He and his friends would talk about the women they got and on and on. "I don't know if it's a Daddy issue or what, but some girls let you walk all over them or treat them like shit" he writes. He thought that when he got out into the professional world it would be different, but found that "even the most successful women are so starved for male attention that they'll let you go all the way without even promising a phonecall. It's wild"

This is what I'm up against, what we're all up against; a society which has created a culture in which men know they can find "something better" if they just keep looking, but can probably get something from you before they go.

Unless you don't let them.  Yikes.

No comments: