Monday, September 19, 2016

Entitled Little S*&t

This is from a few weekends ago, but I'm sharing it anyway.
Dad and I left Scott's End to run an errand. As we started to pull up the driveway, Harlow jumped IN FRONT of the car, because she wanted to come along. I sprung out of the car and started screaming at her immediately. I wanted her to make the connection between jumping in front of the car and being in trouble. I kept hollering, telling her to "go home!", and that she was a bad dog "Bad Bad!" until she was almost back to the house.

I got back in the car but when we were about two houses down the street, there was Harlow in my rearview mirror, running like a psycho after us. I really didn't want to cave, but I really didn't want to walk her back to the house, either. So I let her in, scolding her the whole time and reminding her periodically during the outing that's she's naughty and I don't like her right now.

She didn't care. She was very proud and smug.


No comments: