Saturday, May 24, 2014

Laying It Out

Harlow has been a handful lately. Lately? you ask. Yes, she has been particularly challenging; Very needy, sort of smarty-pantsy. Typical teenager, really. And naughty too.

At The Fells during out hike which she was off-leash for, she barked at an unsuspecting jogger, startling him. Later, she got IN the path of a mountain biker, causing him to slam on his brakes. I apologized profusely, so embarrassed. She typically ignored runners and cyclists alike. Once he got by her she proceeded to run along with him, where are you going can I go with you where are you off to this looks fun mom? what mom??!  The remaining third of our walk she was on a very short leash. It was very boring.

At home I recently decided to put the black box of random things back on the little shelf in my coffee table. month ago, I had to put it on the mantle because she would pull the box out and get into things. But, I hoped I could trust her again and put the box back.

The other day, she was quiet for quite a while at home. I went downstairs to find she had pulled the little box out a bit, just like it was a drawer, and put three items out on her bed which lay in the living room. I believe she was pointing out to me what a bad dog owner I am.

She chose these items and left them out, untouched, unchewed, unslobbered on, as if to say - See how you leave dangerous things around for me to get into?! Packing tape. Can you not see the serrated edge on here? I could cut my tongue! A permanent marker. You know I cannot resist their smell and want to chew on them. The mess THAT would make! And last but certainly not least - Superglue?! Are you crazy women?  That stuff is so toxic and I don't even want to think about what it would do to my whiskers!  You are unfit!

I picked the items up and put them back in the box.

I never learn.


No comments: