Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Crate Tray

Since the *eh hem* incidences keep coming, I guess the blog entries will too.

Harlow and I slept in a bit which was very nice and the morning was typical, the weather outside mild.
I left around 10 for a photo shoot which was followed by a massage appointment (one I was in serious need of because of my recent workload at BU).

I returned around 3PM to find this...




She had somehow managed to rip apart the very hard plastic tray in the bottom of her crate. I didn't yell. I was almost impressed. Relieved that she hadn't somehow hurt herself. I wondered if this was anxiety related or just boredom?  Neither were very good options but since I was quite confident a Gremlin hadn't into my home and done this, it was at least one or the other.  And a clear sign that whatever inspired her to do this, it will likely happen again.  I plan on getting a replacement tray and spraying it's edges with bitter apple to deter any future redesign attempts.

I had hoped to puppy-proof the kitchen so she could be a bit more free when I left the house. 'Guess that's not happening for a while. I can't fathom what she'd do to my new cabinets!

I didn't punish her but I did grumble as I cleaned up her mess. Making it clear by not paying much attention to her that I wasn't happy about what she'd just done.

The afternoon passed and we were outside for a lot of it, cleaning leaves...


Harlow supervised. 

In the evening, we had fun playing the Ring the bell not because I have to pee or poop but because I wanna go outsiiiiiiiide! game.

I hate that game. 

I even caught her *pretending* to pee during one of the rounds and then running over to me proudly for a treat! I couldn't believe it.

Except I've met this creature, and I can totally believe it.

No comments: