Monday, November 25, 2013

Am I Blue?

Today was an exciting day! It was freezing here in Boston, but that wasn't the exciting part. The exciting part was that Harlow and I took a little field trip to Watertown where we met Peter and Kristin for the first time. They are the owners/parents of Harlow's brother Blue!

Both of the puppies, I learned after adopting Harlow, were abandoned at the bottom of some woman's driveway. That some woman brought the two puppies to a local who fosters stray dogs. That foster woman connected with Survivor Tails Animal Rescue based here in Medford, and that's how the two puppies ended-up up in the north so close to each other.

It was fascinating. I have no idea if siblings know each other at all after being away for a long time, or even a short one for that matter, but they sure seemed to know each other!



We walked them to a nearby park where we chatted as our teeth chattered and the two of them ran and wrestled and tumbled like crazy, oblivious to the frigid temps.

Peter said that he was quite sure that they have Bluetick Coonhound in them. I didn't really see it, until I heard it; Blue let out a howl that was SO HOUND, I knew Peter must be right. And it would explain the size of the two dogs too. Believe it or not, Blue is actually even bigger than Harlow!

It is possible that they have two different dads, but I think they just look too similar for that to be the case.



Harlow's on the right



No comments: