Saturday, December 10, 2011

Temple Bar

I overslept a bit this morning. Woke at 10 and headed out the door immediately. I wandered into Stephen's Green, which is right across form our hotel, and then I headed to some back streets with the hope of shooting around the city a bit. I went for about 45 minutes before I crashed. I was so exhausted.

I headed back tot he hotel, took some Aleve for my sore back, and laid down for about 15 minutes. I rallied and headed of to Bewley's my morning place...and sometimes afternoon!  Got myself a perfect chocolate croissant and a tea and got myself going again.

I wandered the city a bit more before meeting Sarah at the Maggie Malone statue (you know, the tart with a cart?). The afternoon was spent heading having lunch at Queen of Tarts (oh, my god...so good!) and enjoying their company while photographing them in the city. Lunch took a really long time, but it was fun. Looking over the menu, Sarah wondered allowed, "What's a hot, savory tart?"

Without missing a beat, Emily said, "That would be me!"

The whole meal was like this. These young ladies have my sense of humor for sure!  I had them wander the nearby market where they frequent on the weekends, and then we braved the bus system to go to Winter Wonderland. Where there were some crazy-ass rides going on.

I left the girls before too long because while they were having fun, the winter wonderland could have been in Woburn, MA for all it's lack of Irishness. Although the rides were a bit different, for sure.

I headed back to the hotel to wind down and then the film duo who had spent the day shooting different stuff joined me for dinner at a burger joint. When we returned I went down to the bar for a hot cocoa. I had been before. They asks if I want to take a seat and they'll bring it to me and I tell them I'm taking it to my room. They are so incredibly friendly here. Don't know if I've mentioned that!  They gave me the cocoa as a freebie and sent me off with it with it's milk-foam smiley face on top.

Now I am "home" and committed to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. 2AM is insane!

my students at lunch at Queen of Tarts. They crack me up. I really shouldn't be sharing, but you won't tell anyone, right?

the ladies chat it up with a vendor

people on the crazy ride during the Winter Wonderland carnival



check this thing out!

No comments: