Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6, 2011

Still in Dublin! It's late for me now and time for bed, but I thought I would post a few shots before the hotel moves me to another room. There's this odd buzzing sound and no one can figure out where it's coming from. I know it will keep me up, though. nice of them to offer to move me.


Anyway, today was sort of a boring day. We got some good photos of one of our BU students at their physical therapy internship. But, because it gets dark so early here, that's really all we got. I would have gotten more but the videographers have to get everything from forty-seven different angles. That's just the way it is!  So, I could branch off from them but since the images I need to get (students walking through the city, looking independent and matured as a result of their abroad experience!) are the same shots the video team needs to get, I will not likely branch off.


Speaking with my boss today, she said "Not to make you nervous, but the higher-ups are trying to convince us that still shooters don't need to be going on these trips, so your photos need to be so great that they realize it's necessary.


No pressure.


Ah! the buzzing in my room stopped!  Awesome!  The concierge just called. I told him it stopped and he said, "If it starts again, call me straight away and I have another room set up for you already. You don't need to move your things, I just want to make sure you have a proper sleep!"
So nice.
So, after our day with the PT kid, we went back to our rooms to relax. Phil, my co-workers and hotel room neighbor, blew a fuse because the video geeks are plugging in so much shit at once. So, I was without power while the hotel tried to rectify that.
Then, we went off to a lovely restaurant called "Hugos", had a nice meal on BU, and then when the guys headed of to a cocktail bar (snoresville!), I wandered the streets for some night scenes. I hope to get another chance at this soon when it's not garbage night!


this brownie was similar to what we call a chocolate lava cake, but the chocolate here is not as sweet as it is at home. That's been the case with most sweet things I've tasted here.


The Irish are hardcore about their litterbugs

along Grafton Street. The city is extra-lovely with the holiday lights.


this place has amazing window displays for the holiday




No comments: