Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011

I am in Dublin!
It is 10:20PM for me right now and I am too tired to add much beyond what a nice time I have having!  I am with two videographers form work and so far things have gone smoothly.

After arriving at our hotel, The Fitzwilliam, we each got some downtime before meeting with Mary, our BU contact over here. It was great meeting her because she's from here and could give us a lay of the land as we walked to meet with the students.

Out goal with this visit is to meet with BU students who are participating in the BU study abroad in Dublin, Some of them have internships, some are taking classes. I had a really nice time at dinner talking with the students about their experience thus far. I asked about the cultural differences and hope that I can do a little photo project related to what they have learned; "slagging" is a common thing - where someone kind of harasses you in a friendly way. They all agree though, that they don't try to slag someone else first because they are not confident with where the line is. "Getting the messages" is a term used for going grocery shopping.  And so on.

Here's a few pics before I crash...

my cool hotel room at The Fitzwilliam!




it must be cool if they know how to do this to a Christmas tree!

on Grafton Street

they have Starbucks, too, but this is older and cooler.

I also learned form the students that you don't turn-down an offer of tea, and you always put milk in it!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hammond said...

Grafton Street is so fun! Agreed on the Bewley's! When in Rome...or Dublin!