Monday, February 21, 2011

James

This past Sunday JimFest happened here in Boston. James was a high school classmate of mine who died weeks ago and he was clearly a very loved individual. I didn't really know him aside from knowing his name and knowing which crowd he ran with in high school, and it would appear beyond high school, as they all seemed to remain good friends. I took a few shots of him during our fifteen year reunion (in fact, one of the shots can be seen in this video at 2:23) and I was grateful I did so as it provided some of my classmates with recent pictures of their old friend.

I was out of town this past weekend but had I been around, I'm not sure I would have gone. Not knowing him well it would have felt like I was simply showing for the party (which it was - in the ballroom of a Boston hotel with dancing and music and stories shared). Watching this video, I'm not sure he would have minded if I crashed it.

It's clear that many will miss him and one can only hope that a person leaves here knowing that.
I'm posting this video with hopes that it will inspire you to, at the very least, have some pep in your step the next time a dance floor presents itself to you.  Life is really too short.

No comments: