Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Art Camp

I spent the month of August teaching in a summer art camp in Hyde Park. I only blogged about it a  few times, but thanks to my little iPhone, I was able to take pictures of the kids' creations to share.

Dominique included a picture of me, in princess form, in her collage.



The kids made sculptures out of recycles materials.

I mixed sudsy water with some paint to make this bubble project.
Here's what the bubble art looks like!

Not sure what the story is with this one - part of a long mural the whole class made together - but it's funny. Move it!

My commute home.

Love these studies in abstract art.
This one is a study on the effect things have on watercolor. I had the kids scribble in wax on the paper, paint over it, then dump salt on top.


I love this one. The start of Kayell's Kandinski! Five years old and such an attention span!
Kayell's completed Kandinski!

It became the thing to do to bring in stuffed animals. Here, they are supervising the class.

Jenna's Paul Klee.


On the first day the kids made the circles by putting cups into paint and stamping the paper. They filled them in the next day!
Here's where I found my ideas...

The Crafty Crow
Laugh, Paint, Create
Art is the Best Part of the Day
Paint Cut Paste
Art Projects for Kids

No comments: