Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Still My Birthday

So, I woke this morning feeling fine. I am 33 today, and I treated myself for making it thus far, with a chocolate chip muffin. My parents took me out to lunch, (at lunch-time, not right after the muffin) which was very nice, but that day was getting me down. I'm sure you would agree that if you were having your 33rd birthday and were in my scenario, you may be a bit down, too.
Again, it's not that I am ungrateful for the good part of my scenario, but there is the daily drudgery of what can I do next to get work? And, when is my shoulder going to be back to normal? And What if my shoulder doesn't go back to normal? And how come my lame ex-boyfriend has a love-life but I don't?

You know. The usual.

My pediatrician's office called back today and told me they don't have room in their office for photos. I don't really believe them. I believe they are just out to get me. Normally, this would be a small thing, leaving me dusting off my hands and heading into the cyber-trenches for more research, ideas, and networking. Not today though. I dodged the many many (thank you, by the way) phone calls of nice birthday wishes today. I just wasn't in the mood to sound elated at being 33 and not being where I want to be at 33. So, I curled-up in bed, watched some TV, and spooned with my dog.

This evening, my brother, sister-in-law, and neighbors came over and joined me along with Mom and Dad for some Indian food. It was just what the Dr. of Grump ordered and I felt much better, my spirits lifted by the company. Of course, the Meletharbs that followed didn't hurt either.

My facebook Page today...



1 comment:

Debby said...

There is a present coming your way!