Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some Clothes


Last night while driving on the highway a motorcycle went zooming by
me, on it a man and a scantily clad woman. She had a helmet on but I
couldn't help but think she'll wish she didn't bother with a helmet if
they wreck - she'll wish she were dead because her entire body would
get shredded up thanks to her lack of cover.

This morning I saw another helmet-related incident. This one much more
benign. I was driving around horse country in Wellington, along a back
road when I slowly passed by a mom and her daughter. The girl was
maybe four and had clearly just been riding a bike or something; She
had on sneakers, kneepads, elbow pads, a helmet, and underpants.  And
that's all.

Yes, you read that right, underpants.

I can see her in the morning getting reading, "OK, kneepads? Check!
Elbow pads? Check! Sneakers? Check! Helmet? Check!  Alright, I've got
my underpants on, I'm ready to go!

The world would be a lot more interesting if we wore the same outfits
we picked-out for ourselves when we were four.

No comments: