Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Nothing Much Going On

I haven't been writing much lately, which, if you are one of my five
readers, you've noticed. Not too much of note going on.

Today was a stellar day - one of my work cameras has appeared to have
vanished into thin air. Perhaps it's in the land of unmatched socks
and pencils that have been used down to stubs and are no longer useful
(read "Owl at Home" Tear-water Tea and you'll know what I'm talking
about).

'Point is, I shot an assignment yesterday afternoon and went straight
back to the office from there. I opened the trunk, took the disk out
of the camera (while not removing the camera) and went straight
upstairs to photo to file the images. It was around noon today, when
Loren sent me out to shoot something regarding the seemingly unending
boil water notice we've been on, that I found no camera in the trunk.

In retracing my steps, I did not even open the trunk, let alone take
the camera out of it. There are no signs of break-in anywhere on the
car, although I've heard Hondas are easy to get into. Maybe I've gone
crazy and can't for the life of me remember bringing the camera with
me into Publix and proceeding to leave the camera in the produce isle
while picking out the perfect asparagus. It appears the damn thing is
just gone.

I appreciated - in these scary times of tight budgets and whatnot - my
boss not freaking out at me. For now, I'll shoot with one camera and
hope to get a call from a pawn shop (the gear is all engraved). Either
that or I'll have a Jan-Brady-losing-her-aunt's-special-necklace
moment and realize that the camera fell from my neck when I got up in
the night to open the window and lean out to look at the stars.

Oh, wait, I have bars on my bedroom window.

I'm screwed.

No comments: