Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Jealous Dog

Another lovely weekend away. This time, with my close childhood
friend, Rachel in Ft. Myers (she was there with her husband, Sven and
their two daughters, Arianna, 3, and Tory, almost 2, to visit
in-laws).

I brought the dog this time, and as I wasn't sure how he is with kids,
I was a little nervous. Fortunately, it didn't seem to phase them that
he would quietly growl when they came near him. I would grab onto his
muzzle and give him a "no".

I was quite sure he wasn't going to hurt them, but still, I didn't
want them to be traumatized by him in some way.

Turns-out nothing would stop them from liking him. While Rachel and I
were out for the day, the girls took Ollie for a walk with Sven. Ari
was holding Ollie's leash when he took off, dragging her behind him.
Poor kid got quite a smashed-up finger, but still, she walked him
again later in the weekend!

As for the dog - he was interesting to watch. He was well behaved for
the most part, but jealous, it seems. I was playing with the girls at
one point, picking them up and tossing them on the bed, over and over
when I looked down to find one of Oliver's toys sitting on the bed in
front if me and Oliver patiently sitting next to me, looking-up with
much anticipation.

I grabbed the toy and threw it for him. Then, he did something I've
never really seen him do more than once or twice - he brought the toy
back to me over and over and over. I would throw it over and over and
over, and every time, he came back with it.

Remember me?!  I'M you kid!!! Not those tiny human things! Look! See
how fun I can be?!

He was so exhausted from all the attention, he yawned his way back to
WPB and collapsed onto his bed once home.

We had hoped to get a picture of the kids with him, but they fell
asleep on the drive home from our lunch and ice cream excursion, and
since Ollie and I had to get going, we had to improvise.

No comments: