Thursday, January 5, 2017

Awkward

Before intersession we had a building-wide meeting that ran from, I kid you not, noon to 4:30PM. It was very long. The photo department presented at the end, and because everyone else ran so long, we were cut short. Fine, no biggie.

My boss just came into my office and said "I have a sort of embarrassing question. Did you fall asleep during the AllStrat meeting?" She went on to say that multiple people had come to her to tell her this.

I told her that I genuinely didn't remember, but that if people saw me, it must be true. I apologized to her for dozing off, told her there was no excuse for it, and that I was also sorry that she had to field those comments, and had to come to me about it. She was kind about it, and told me to be careful in the future.

When she left, I felt mortified, but then I was pissed. Who are these multiple people who felt a need to TATTLE on me, rather than do me a solid and shoot me an email that said "You may not even realize this, but you were dozing off. I thought you'd wanna know because I didn't want you to get caught!" But no, going to my boss seemed preferable I guess. What shame. Just out of principle, I hate all my coworkers today.

Has anyone said anything about my colleague who spends our slow days editing personal work rather than finding something to do for BU? Not likely.

Falling asleep in a meeting is not OK.  Being a tattler is kind of a bummer too.

No comments: