Thursday, March 17, 2016

Florida Street Painting Festival

These photos from my Florida visit back in mid-February are old at this point, but I wanted to share them anyway. It's sunny today in Boston, but there are rumors of snow coming this weekend.
I am unamused, Mother Nature.

My trip to Florida was a lovely and very appreciated one. It's a great time spent with Libby, who I stay with when I visit, and a nice annual pilgrimage for me and Shannon, who travels from IL. The festival is a cool excuse to come consistently.

This year we went with an elephant. As usual our goal was to finish by lunch. We accomplished that, although the next day I was SO SORE from all the crawling around on the concrete.

(If you click on the first photo you should be treated to a slideshow). This should be a long, flowery blog entry but frankly, I'm not feeling it today so hopefully photos are enough.





Lannis, who worked with us both, and still works, at The Palm Beach Post, stopped by for a visit!




Beautiful pastries from the Palm Beach Gardens green market where Libby and I visited on Sunday

Libby chats with the spice people


One major change in WPB - lots of public art, including these musical swings. 



No comments: