Friday, December 18, 2015

They're Snuggling...Amost

Last night Mike and I were watching some Sherlock and trying our best to ignore the constant growl, squeak, nail tap and paw clomp coming from the two four-legged best friends while they chased each other and played tug-a-war with every object they could find that would work and some that wouldn't.

For my sanity and for the neighbors downstairs, I finally decided it was quiet time.

"Harlow, lie down" I instructed her. She then wandered away and came back and looked at me like, did you still want me to lie down like you did seven seconds ago? Yes. Then she layed down, letting out an exasperated huff upon hitting the floor. Then Tico would come near her and she's paw at him and get up and the chaos would start again and the "Harlow, lie down!" would happen again, as would the Are you sure?

In truth she's getting much better at listening to commands. She is like a procrastinating teen though - insisting she'll get around to lying down when she's finished doing that other important thing she needs to to - as soon as she can remember what that other important thing was.

In a moment of serendipity, both dogs were near the blanket and when we commanded them to lay down, they did. Together.

Mike and I reacted like we were seeing a human who'd never walked before walk and oh my god don't distract them just get a camera quick oh my god how cuuuuute!

Mike has been dreaming of the day these two snuggle for quite a while, even trying to facilitate the moment by attempting to place Tico next to Harlow while she was on her bed at my place once. They didn't care for that.

But this? This was real, though fleeting.




No comments: