Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Fun AND Frustrating

Mike and I were both a bit gloomy yesterday, so in an effort to lift our spirits, we took a map Christopher and Jodi gave us and drove around Somerville for the Illuminations Tour 2015.

The map sucked and was barely readable and I could never get my bearings using it. Trying to figure it out with my phone GPS didn't help much either. The entire tour takes place all over the city, not in one neighborhood, so there's a line on the provided map giving suggested routes to the various houses, with a few homes labelled with a light bulb which, according to the legend meant it was "Over the Top Fabulous!".  Which they were.  Tacky-tastic in the best way.

We kept getting lost though and that combined with my kindergarten-level of patience, I was frustrated and said so.

"It's not frustrating, this is fun!" Mike responded optimistically.

"No it isn't, it's frustrating"

"...It's Frunstrating"

I will take that compromise.









No comments: