Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Nervous

On Friday I'm going to the hospital to have my gallbladder removed. I know, who needs that organ, right? My ovaries are useless, my pancreas shot, gallbladder gone soon.

Initially this was supposed to happen in late September. I had some tests done last week though, and when the surgeon called to tell me they blood work looked great (no other organs in distress), he asked how I was feeling. At the time I'd been really uncomfortable for about three days; queasy, and sore on my right side. I told him so. "Let's not wait" he said "Let's take it out" he added, saying that he didn't want me to be uncomfortable for another six weeks waiting to have it done. I had to agree, especially with a trip to Quebec with girlfriends coming up, I really didn't want to travel feeling like I did. Plus there's that fear I have that the organ will inexplicably explode inside me and that would just be far more inconvenient (also unlikely) than having the thing taken out sooner rather than later.

So while I am sad to have to move some client appointments, annoyed my vacation week will now be a recovery week, and have to bow out of some social stuff I was really looking forward to, I really want to get this behind me.

I know it could be worse, but I'm nervous. What if they nick something in there? What if recovery takes longer than expected? This could be a problem since I have a wedding to shoot in three weeks. Yikes!  I also have multiple expectant moms on the books, waiting for their babes to arrive so they can book a session. What if I get an infection? Most importantly, what if I have to totally change what I eat? A coworker of mine who had her gallbladder removed told me as soon as she heard about me "Oh, I cant eat ANY ice cream at all anymore"

Thanks a lot, bitch.

And then there's dealing with this one (who Dad has kindly offered to take off my hands for a bit while I'm recovering)...

Late night couch catch from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well. at least there is some good news: I get to hang with my granddog.

ThinkingBean said...

you can have her any time!