Sunday, June 28, 2015

WTH, Underwear!

I have an underwear problem. I have more than I could wear for a month. The issue is that most of them are really uncomfortable and the ones that aren't are some material other than cotton which is unpleasant in the summer. Or they're falling apart. Or they have holes in them from when Harlow was a puppy and liked to carry them around the house in those little razor teeth (awe, those teeth were soooooo cute though)

The other problem with underwear is that our culture calls them "panties" What the hell is that about? Pannnnteeeez. Such a gross word. It's up there with "wipe" and "moist", in my opinion. Funny...now that I think about it, all three of those things sort of exist in the vicinity of each other. I wonder if that's coincidence.

Today I got my ass kicked at yoga where there was a new instructor who made us do hard things, and where I was totally distracted by the fact that my yoga pants have a new, small hole in them from when I caught the cuff on a branch the other day while outside. After getting my ass kicked at yoga (isn't this shit supposed to be peaceful?), I went to buy some underwear. $64 dollars later (WHAAAAAAHT???!!!) I come home and try them on to find that I don't like two kinds of them and the third, which is fine, has only two pairs of underwear rather that the three pairs is should have as stated on the stupid cheapo package which cost way more than it's worth.

$64. For fabric whose main purpose, in my opinion, is to protect my bum and bits from being seen by strangers, coworkers and friends in the unlikely event that my pants tear. If this weren't it's sole purpose for me, I'd just go commando. Think of all the money I'd save! But, I don't want to share my bits and bum with the general public so I have to wear underwear.

In more important, super, progress-is-hopefully-happening news, confederate flags are coming down from state houses and the Supreme Court just ruled that states must recognize gay marriage.

That's definitely a start to getting my panties (ew) out of a wad!


No comments: