Sunday, October 19, 2014

Baby Bird? Nope.

Yesterday was a long day of mini sessions at a park in Salem followed by some socializing. 
When I came home I needed to unload the images onto the computer. As I did this Harlow got into whatever bored puppy mischief she gets into when I'm distracted.
I came downstairs to check on her and she had her usual sneaky look about her and while I couldn't see through all her fur around her mouth, she clearly had something in there that was unlikely to be a dog toy.
"What's in your mouth?" I asked her. Not "drop it" or "leave it" but for some reason, a more human question of "what's in your mouth?"
At which point she very slowly and gently, as if there was a baby bird in there, placed something on the rug and looked up at me.
What was this precious, fragile, special item? The end if a toilet paper roll of course.

No comments: