Saturday, September 17, 2011

Oliver

For a couple days now Oliver has been very thirsty. He's been peeing lots too.
This morning I got a cup and followed him out into the yard first thing. Yup, I got a sample of my dog's pee. Off to the vet we went. In the waiting room he was unusually clingy. He climbed up on to the bench next to me, and then once we got into the exam room, he did the same thing. He is under-weight, the vet concluded, and he is likely experiencing renal failure, or diabetes. Obviously, I'm voting for the diabetes. I have some experience there.

When the vet tried to coax him out of the room for blood work he wouldn't go. This was another unusual thing for him. The vet lifted him to the floor and he quickly turned and hopped up on to the bench to sit next to me again. Eventually, he conceded and they drew blood and apparently he was a very good patient (they took him to a back room).

So, I will know more next week when the results come back and in the meantime, I am letting him out every hour, I'd say and every time, he is grateful for it.

I also went to my house today. I brought Oliver with me and as we approached the house, walking along the sidewalk, he turned and went straight up the stairs. He explored the yard like he was looking for lizards in FL. His tail went like crazy!  In the house, he wandered around and laid on the floor next to me while I cleaned the house.

This evening we watched some TV in the dark. Here his is, purring away in my lap...




No comments: