Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lake Worth Street Painting Plans

My friend Shannon and I have made plans to meet in FL for the Lake Worth Street Painting Festival in February. I am very excited. This morning I woke to a message via FB from Shannon, suggesting we look into registering for the event soon. Tonight, she touched base again to let me know all the hoops we have to jump through to participate. The following thread, which we found to be quite funny considering the speed at which we exchanged and the morphing and almost absurdity that our ideas took, is what resulted, until we decided to continue our conversation via IM.


My favorite part is Shannon's closing comment there. Hysterical.

We went on IM and further discussed. We decided that American Gothic sock monkeys would be awesome. Initially I thought, because of our photo backgrounds, that we should put sock monkey's into famous photographs, but that just got sick when Eddie Adam's famous Vietnam image came into my head (don't judge me, I've seen it done with Legos).

We considered Eisenstadt's VDay shot in Times Square, but ultimately knew that for optimal humor, we would need to see the sock monkey's faces. We decided to scetch up some american gothic and keep each other posted if we thought of something else that might work.  We like to do stuff that's not so complicated. As I joked (no but really) to her, "Our goal really is to be done by lunch so we can get to Toojay's".

"Mmmmm. Grilled cheeese"

No comments: