Monday, February 8, 2010

Eventful Week

Oliver one week after surgery - before they took the stitch out.


It's been an eventful week or so for Oliver.

I learned last week that he had yet another eye ulcer. On Tuesday last week, we went in to have it repaired and spent the next week watching him and scolding him if he scratched at it. He does quite well with these as far as leaving them alone to heal.

We went to Maine this weekend for our yearly ski trip together and returned with no broken bones. I refused to give myself the opportunity to eff myself up in some way and spent my time sewing and baking and then going for a massage on Sunday with my sister-in-law Jodi and Mom. The massage was fantastic.

When I went into the room and the masseuse asked what she needed to work on or watch out for, I pointed at my shoulder, "If you would just avoid the end of my shoulder, which I broke here last year and which is still giving me trouble". She was awesome! 'Avoided the shoulder and gave a killer massage. In a good way. Her name was Candy if you're ever at Sugarloaf and trying to avoid using the place for what it's for - skiing.

Now back in MA, I went with Oliver today to the vet for his one week post-op appointment to learn that he has completely healed! Quite exciting! We returned home and I forced him into a modeling session for his new collar which he recently won with my help, and which we got in the mail last night.

No comments: