Friday, January 8, 2010

Yummy Milk

I was recently reading old blog entries and am finding myself quite disappointed that I have so seriously fallen off the wagon. If that makes sense. I'm not sure it does - I think I might be misusing that term. I mean that I have not been a very good blogger for a while.

I would make the claim to try and change that, but in truth, I have not been witnessing things that warrant writing lately. It's been a while since I have really.

Here's a cute little blib though; I spent sometime yesterday with my friend Christina, who is a month away from delivering twins (poor woman). When I arrived at their house, her daughter Ava, 2, was very excited to see me which was very flattering. In the past, she's been a bit reticent at my arrival. "You've been great leverage" Christina told me, "If she was being difficult I'd tell her you wouldn't come." Worked like a champ, she said.

Ava sat on my lap and we chatted a bit. I did something silly and she said, "You're a nut case". Sometimes she calls me a nut job, but this time, I was a nut case. A very verbal two year old, this one is.

My favorite came at lunch when she took a big gulp of her milk in it's plastic cup with cartoon characters and a straw and said "Delicious and nutritious!"

No comments: