Thursday, November 26, 2009

Showing (Strange) Thanks

Email I just sent to a guy I emailed with a bit through The Onion dating site...

Hi, J,

So, this is a bit of a strange email so I apologize ahead of time.
I was IMing with a guy from the Onion tonight. I had IMed with him last night and he seemed like a nice guy. Smart, funny, etc. After chatting for a bit tonight, he asked me when I was last in a relationship. It's been a while, so I didn't really want to tell him, but, since I'm so freaking honest, I did. He literally responded with, "Wow, that's kind of a red flag". So, I defend myself a bit, FL was a dating whole, I've been busy trying to get my business going and breaking my collar bone, so forth. He goes on to say how that (the amount of time) surprises him because I seem cool, intelligent, cute, blah blah blah.

To make a long story short - too late - after chatting a little longer, he basically disappears with no warning whatsoever. 'Stops IMing and logs off. As if the information he's just learned is the same as learning I have leprosy and didn't have the decency to put that in my profile.

Last week you said you would email me after you had your second date and I wasn't sure you would. But, you did. You actually sent me an email when you said you would. It helped me feel like there are actually courteous people out there. Somewhere. (Which is saying a lot after I let, like, five cars cut in front of me yesterday when I was driving through the city and I didn't get one thank you wave. Not one!)

I know, it's strange for me to thank you again, but it is Thanksgiving, so, it seemed as good a time as any.

Happy Turkey Day,
CS

No comments: