Sunday, July 12, 2009

Something lighter

I confess that I have been somewhat obsessed with this dance routine lately. I have probably watched it at least twelve times in the past 48 hours. I'm not sure why it moves me so much. There is an inkling of relatability in it for me, but I suppose it's just an exceptionally danced piece of choreography. As much as I would know what exceptional dancing and exceptional choreography is.


Checking out the So You Think You Can Dance website recently, I found that each of the top dancers are showing, in a video on their section of the site, their "signature move". For the ballerina, it's an intricate collection of swirls and on-point moves that she is showing and teaching in her video. For others, it's fancy footwork and complicated collections of counting stepping and swinging. That's why I found Kupono's so hilariously refreshing. Especially considering the intense dance he did in last week's show.



Now, I'm sorry but that's just funny shit.

No comments: