Thursday, August 16, 2007

On Wednesday I met with a representative from minimed. She hooked me
up to a real time sensor and I will be wearing it til Friday. I am
displeased. My doctor has be doing this in an effort to tighten up my
sugar control. I'm doing quite well actually, but if there is a way to
make it better, I'm all for it too.

Unfortunately, it began to bleed when she put it in. This is not
painful. Just unsightly. Considering I will not be taking it out for
another day, it's gotten a bit unpleasant looking. The sensor is
suppose to track my sugars by reading them, every five minutes,
through the skin (the small cannula does not go into blood, it's just
subcutaneously like my pump cannula.

The sugars coming from the sensor do not match my finger sticks...at
all! They are suppose to match.

So, while I was hopeful that this may be the new tool of the future,
something that will help me tighten my sugar control and avoid
pricking my finger 47 times a day, it doesn't look like we have it
just yet.

No comments: