Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Marbles

A few days ago, I opened my front door to let Oliver to frolick in the backyard. Recently, when I attempt to take him out, he has started running to his food dish and eating the kibble he left in there from the morning. I'm not sure why he does it.

Maybe one time he came back inside from playing and noticed his bowl was empty, forgetting that perhaps it was he who ate it all earlier in the day.

"Oliver, it will still be there when we come back in", I told him.

He stood still with his face in the bowl, gobbling. I needed to get to work.

"Ollie, enough, let's go!"  I said impatiently, at which point he walked a few steps to the center of the kitchen, lowered his head, and opened his mouth letting about 15 completely dry, completely un-chewed pieces of kibble roll out of his mouth like marbles and onto the linoleum before stepping over them and heading out the door as if to say, "Fine but don't think I'm eating that up off the floor later, because I'm not gonna"

OK then.

No comments: