Friday, March 13, 2015

I Feel Good

I feel content these days. 

I have a house I love, a dog who keeps me company. My blood sugars are terrible lately but that happens. I've been getting into yoga which I'm really enjoying. I've been using an app on my phone that helps me find yoga studios in town, shows what types of classes they teach and when happen.
It's a tricky thing to be new at because a class for "all levels" at one studio might be fine but at another might be too hard for me. Some studios do heated yoga which I really can't do. Not simply because it's uncomfortable but because I get light-headed very easily (more on that in a bit) and it freaks me out.


For the past month I've had some gross phlegmy thing going on and I went to a doctor yesterday about it. She gave me a Rx for nasal spray and hopefully that will help. The other issue is fluid in my ear which means my ear buzzes half the time. Or maybe that's just Harlow breathing in my ear. No, I think it's the fluid.
I asked her about the fact that I often get light-headed during yoga "I even feel queasy sometimes". She looked at my chart "It's your low blood pressure. Your pressure today was 70/54." 


Even I know that's low for me. So, I need to up my salt intake, I guess, or at least eat something salty before yoga now. Last night I went to a yoga class in Somerville and it was great. I like yoga because it's challenging, but it's all about "listening to your body" which sounds cheesy as hell but really is just a great excuse to sit out a move of two if you're too tired. "I'm listening to my body and it told me not to do the upward facing python twist so I'm just gonna lay down now"


At the end of last night's class we did a guided meditation. Sitting with legs crossed and hands facing up resting on your knees. I couldn't do it. No way. My back was sore sitting that way for so long, I get fidgety. So, I just laid down. I'm pretty sure that's cheating when it comes to the meditation part, but I don't want to get to the end of yoga and be all happy about my hard work but leave with a sore back.


It's been a rough week at work. I'm finding that at BU there is more sitting around than I'm happy with and it's frustrating. I could be taking on private clients, going to the gym, doing something way more constructive at home (working my way through the shows piling up on my DRV for example). I'm sitting at my desk acting busy, or waiting to go to a meeting, or waiting to go to a shoot. I don't go wander campus because we're all caught up with photos and don't need any for while, plus the students are on break this week so trying to find something to shoot is tantamount to torture. Although it is nice to have a job where I can walk around.


I know it sounds like I'm complaining and I am, but I can complain occasionally and still be really grateful. Because that's exactly how I am. Grateful. 

One might say here "Why not just go take pictures?" because they will never be used anywhere and that's just annoying. Plus, I seem to be shooting nothing but crap lately; no interesting composition, no interesting colors, nice moments. Nothing. I have goose eggs. Zero.
I posted about this on FB today...


You know you're having a bad week when you start having nightmares that no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to make a good picture. I dreamt this morning that I was driving through insane traffic conditions (think Mumbai) to get to a school to photograph a cheer leading practice. By the time I got there, they were done with practice. A few of them said they were going back to their house to practice and I could come along. So I did. They got ready to practice at their home and suddenly got distracted by the pet penguin and it's baby wandering through the house! I went to pet the penguin and when I looked up, lights were dimming, candles were being lit and a Seder was starting. "Sorry, you can't take any pictures!" they told me. So I left. As I got to my car I realized I had no shoes on. And no pictures either. (sad trombone).That's the other thing. Really really long, elaborate, complicated, graphic dreams which result in me waking drained. So that's fun.


I am proud of the newsletter I just sent out for CSP though. It took a ton of time to get right but the end result is great, I think.    http://createsend.com/t/i-DBEBA359F9A3BFA9

This weekend Meg is coming with Stella and Miles and I am completely excited about seeing them and spending the weekend with them. Gonna be great.


I'll end this with Harlow and the challenges of the tennis ball and ice combo.


Sure are slippery! from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: