Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oliver's Birthday!


Today is Oliver's birthday! What did I do for his birthday? Well, forget all about it til about 5PM, of course. No matter, he doesn't really know. And also, I'm not even positive that the date the former owner put in his medical records, November 2, 1996, is accurate. If it is, my little boy if 15 years old! Awe, he's growing up to fast! Ha! The poor old man is on his second UTI in about a month, has been very picky about his food. The last two days, he ate his food, after I added too much human food in his kibble to entice, but then wouldn't take his morning rolled-up turkey with meds inside. It's been a decent week though.

I have tomorrow off from work, and Friday too, and am leaving for DC to spend time with friend for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it! I went to see Nirvi a while back in her new home of DC, and Libby, who I also met while working in FL, is coming up for the weekend too. We are going wine tasting, to a spa for a massage (which I am in desperate need of) and manicures.

And then we'll have pillow fights too!

The house is coming along. I'm pleased. Dad is working very hard and I'm disappointed to not have more time in my home, but work and freelance has me very busy. I kind of have trouble saying no to the freelance offers, but I know they will ebb when the cold weather comes.

these guys came to remove a lead pipe from under my house. The water line.

It's coming along! The doorway has been made into a wall, and there's the pass through. This photo is a few weeks old now. The wall is patch-up and almost entirely smooth now. 

The insulators!

In this video, Dad and I remove the toilet before the reglazing gets done. I wanted to save the insane toilet seat cover. It's now in display!...In my basement.

These guy are installing my new toilet and sink. As you can see, my walls and floors have been reglazed to be completely white. I'll paint the walls another color but the tile is nice without it's seventies yellow.

I striped and re-stained the banister. Polyurethane to follow.

No comments: