Thursday, May 28, 2009

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

I've been advertising on Theknot.com for a few months in hopes of finding more wedding clients. The Knot is the top resource website for all things wedding. Advertising on the site costs an arm and a leg, but once I did research by contacting other photographers in other parts of the country who advertise on it and heard they found it extremely beneficial, I decided to give it a try.
Today I received an email invite to an online wedinar that The Knot was offering it's advertising photographers. It's a seminar about social networking. I have no idea if it will be helpful to me but I'm going to give it a listen anyway. It's either that or bang my head against my keyboard trying to learn inDesign. That can wait til after breakfast, I think.
At the very beginning of the webinar, the host, the vice president of local strategic solutions, introduced the co-host by saying, "I have Kristi here with me today, and she's the senior editor for marketing managing, and she knows first hand about the topic we're going to discuss because she a bride to be, herself with a wedding coming up. Right, Kristi?"

She answered after a brief pause, "uhhh...not anymore, Alan."

Gulp.

No comments: