Monday, January 26, 2009

Bring on the Births

Today I drove all the way to Andover in an effort to find a Maternity Yoga Center to ask if I could promote my birth photography services there. Now in theory, Andover isn't far, but the directions were so convoluted, it was a bit of a project; Take 95 to 93, then 93 to 495, one exit to Route 28, follow 28 to the fifth light and take a right where there will be a Whole Foods on your right. Hang a left after that then a right at the tree. Pull into the second alley on the left and give the password, "Pregnant mama" to a guy named Don. He'll tell you where to go from there.

I drove and drove and...the place was closed. Doh! 'Teach me to not call beforehand.

So, I headed back to my good hometown of Wakefield and stopped at Om Yoga here in town. The instructor there was excited and said she had a prenatal yoga class tonight, and that she would hand-out my postcards.

I received an email from Nancy, the midwife that I have been working with. She said she met with a new client today and they sounded interested in having their birth photographed. I emailed the MA Friends of Midwifery, and they got back to me to tell me they would be willing to share my photos on their site. Very exciting!

I emailed a few bloggers in the area and gave them my plea for exposure. One woman connected with Citizens for Midwifery let me know that they couldn't promote commercial ventures (understandable) on their site, but that she was writing a book and could she use my pictures?!

Um, does a bear do his thing in the woods?

That would be yes.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hammond said...

next time you need to get to rt 28 in Andover...just take Main Street reading all the way...it takes about 20 minutes from Wakefield. MUCH easier!!